Friday, December 10, 2010

Potato, Potato (this time with inflection!)

Did you know it was possible to eat six different servings of potatoes in one day? Only in Austria. And three of my six servings were served with some kind of garlic condiment, like garlic glaze and garlic-infused sour cream. It was 20 degrees in Vienna this past weekend, but I was too busy eating potatoes to notice.
Actually that's a lie that I wish was true. Truth is, I was so cold I had to stuff myself with steaming potatoes to try and keep myself warm. It was a survival tactic. I swear. Otherwise, why would I ever eat anything as disgusting as garlic-glazed potato pancakes? 

Just look at that pool of spicy garlic glaze gathering at the perfectly crisp edge of this savory slice of potato heaven. 
Disgusting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment