Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sh** My Host Family Says

I don't really feel like writing "Eurotrip Part 2," in which I was going to complain about all the rain we encountered in Verona. I know you'd love to hear me wax poetic on the sub-par weather patterns of northern Italy, so I apologize.
Instead, here's a round-up of recent quotable quotes from the dinner table:

Host mother Judith on growing up on a farm: "Around afternoon, I would go get the eggs just laid by the chickens. I would watch them come out of the chickens, and then I'd take an egg from one of them and poke a hole in it and suck out the insides. And the insides would still be warm."

Host mother Judith on table manners: "In Italy, you never put your hand in your lap, because your hand can do other things."

Host brother Tommaso on a positive self-image: "Look at me. I am perfect. I am not joking."

No comments:

Post a Comment